Monday, March 29, 2010

Pennsylvania

Beautiful, hilly, amazing, gorgeous, the best state! It is home of Hershey park, the first oil well (in the US), founder of steal mills, has a large lake to the north, and a bounty of nature preserves and state parks. The hills are amazing and the trees are large and magnificent. My father lives there and for my spring break i went north when everyone else went south.
Me, my boyfriend (Matt), and my friend Casey all went to visit with my dad for our spring break. Our first day (Satuday) we stayed in Franklin, PA with my brother Nick and his girlfriend Kasey. He delivers pizza so on our second day (Sunday) we went to his work and got free pizza with any toppings that we wanted! It was the best pizza i have ever had!!! After lunch with them we headed to my dads in Titusville, PA. That night my step moms best friend Gloria made us homemade fried chicken, mac n cheese, and green bean cassarole! It was also very good! On the third day (Tuesday) we went out to my dads best friends, Uncle Mark. I gave Matt and Casey a tour of his property and then we soaked up the warmth of his hot tube and just relaxed! Later that night we met up with my brother Nick and Kasey to celebrate his birthday. We all went out to Quaker Stake and Lube (a wing place) and they had an amazing all you can eat buffett! On the fourth day we just relaxed at my dads. On the fourth day (Wednesday) we all went to my step moms school (she's a teacher) and brought and had lunch with her. After that Matt, Casey, and I went back out to my Uncle Marks because my dad had to teach a church education class. We had a lot of fun! We rode the four wheeler and had some fun with target practice. But while Matt and I were out on the four wheeler Casey tried to shoot the shotgun (even though Matt and I told her not to) well she ended up needing 7 stitches because she wasn't holding the gun right and the scope hit her in the forehead. That was an exciting experience! On the fifth day (Thursday) we (Matt, Casey, and I) went to The oil museum where the first oil well was drilled. Later after the museum my dad and i made a HUGE turkey dinner! It was a lot of fun being able to make dinner with my dad! Also a lot of my family came over so we had a great time with everyone! On the sixth day (Friday) my dad took Matt, Casey, and I to Pittsburgh to visit with my brother Chris, his girlfriend Laura, and my step grandparents. We stopped at my brothers first and sat around, chatted, and played Wii. After that we went to my grandparents and had lunch with them and took a tour of there new apartment. We had to be back in Titusville by 5 for a fish fry though so we didn't get to spend as much time as i would have liked with them. So when we got back we changed and went to the fish fry. After that we went to a concert that was a cover band of the rolling stones. It was really cool and we had a lot of fun!! This was our last night in town so after the concert we had to go out to my uncle marks to get our suits so we went in the hot tube one last time! The next morning (our last) i got up with my dad and we got to cook together one last time! We made home made biscuits and gravey. We also had eggs, hashbrowns, and fruit salad! After breakfast we headed out and stopped by my brothers work in Franklin to say goodbye then we were on our way back home!
That was my amazing spring break and even though it wasn't somewhere 70 and sunny we still had an amazing time!

2 comments:

  1. This reads like a fabulous travel journal, Alicia! Glad you had a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hopefully i can go to Penn state in the future. My spring break was good but lack delicious food, so jealous you can ate those food!

    ReplyDelete